HISTORIC PRESERVATION EXPERIENCE:
1977-Present - Participation/spearheading of various Bucks County projects . . .
CRAVEN HALL BOARD OF DIRECTORS - Past President, Member, 1978-1996
• Provided hands-on restoration of Manor House. Member, Historical Research Committee; received award of appreciation for years of service, 1992.
• Involved in re-enactment of the Battle of Crooked Billet; included cemetery restoration.
WARWICK HISTORICAL COMMISSION - Past President, Treasurer, 1984-1998
• Surveyed township: reviewed four historical districts under consideration for ordinance adoption.
Member, Moland National Register Commission. Coordinated movie project of Moland House.
WARWICK HISTORICAL SOCIETY - Vice President, Member, 1992-Present
• Co-created Society. Responsible for acquisition of Eight-Arch Bridge from county to society for care and restoration. Negotiated with county and conservancy.
• Responsible for Warwick Township acquisition of Historic Moland House through grass roots efforts.
WARMINSTER HISTORIC PRESERVATION BOARD - Past President, Auditor, 1988-1992
• Organized house tours and time capsule to commemorate Township’s 275th Anniversary. Participated in John Fitch proclamation and vindication. Directed survey of Township to Heritage Conservancy through the Penn Foundation: identified all houses over 100 years old.
• Instituted the creation of Hartsville Historic District: pursuing adoption of ordinance.
• Coordinated the turning of Log College Monument to face York Road.
CENTENNIAL KIWANIS CLUB - Past President, 1977-1990
• Three-time recipient, Kiwanian of the Year/Distinguished President
• Participated in Kids Miracle Network, March of Dimes, Scholarships, Holiday Parties at Craven Hall and other special projects requiring coordination with outside agencies.
SUBURBAN-BUCKS JAYCEES - Director and Past Vice President, 1978-1990
• Recipient of numerous awards, including Project of the Year.
• Co-chaired Special Olympics in conjunction with Kiwanis Club.
Did Not Re-enact While in the UNITED STATES NAVY as a Hospital Corpsman, 1964-70, Vietnam…
But Upon Return, Developed an Appreciation for America’s Rich History and Continued Service to Country as Committed Civilian and Volunteer to the Preservation of History and Community in Warminster and Warwick Townships, in particular, in the past, and now at present.