10 College Dorm Room Necessities
A list of things no student should be without in their dorm room.
Most college-bound freshman will be headed to school in less than a month's time.
The concept of a dorm room is exciting for any freshman getting away from home for the first time. But a dorm is only useful if it's done right.
Yahoo! Shopping recently released its list of 10 items every student should have in their dorm for a successful year.
1. Alarm Clock: You don't want to sleep through a final (trust me). The first thing any student should pick up for their dorm room is an alarm clock. It doesn't have to be high tech, it just has to work. Pick one up in the Hatboro/Horsham area at the following locations: Best Buy; Office Max; Walmart.
2. Comfortable Bedding: Every second of sleep is important in college -- especially freshman year when you have classes before 9 a.m. (don't worry, that usually stops by junior year). Pick it up locally at Sears; or Bed Bath and Beyond in Warrington.
5. Laundry Bag: You're going to have to lug your laundry back and forth from the laundry room to your dorm room (or if you choose not to do your laundry, from your dorm room to your parents' house over break). Pick one up locally at the following locations: Sears; Kohl's.
6. Mini Fridge: For storing water, soda and food only. Pick one up around town at the following locations: Sears; Best Buy.
7. Shower Tote: You don't want to be leaving your personal shower gear in the communal bathroom. You also don't want to let you soap touch anything in the bathroom. Remember, it's a college bathroom. Do yourself a favor and pick one up at the following locations: Sears; Kohl's.
8. Closet Organizer: This might be more for the female population, as most of the men I knew just threw their clothes around their rooms, but it is a good investment. Yahoo! Shopping recommends an adjustable double organizer. Pick one up in the Hatboro/Horsham area at the following locations: Sears; Kohl's.
9. Desk Lamp: You will be doing work into the wee hours of the morning. If you're not a library person, then a lamp in your room is certainly necessary. Pick one up locally at the following locations: Best Buy; Office Max; Sears; Kohl's.
10 Wall Décor: Put a little bit of yourself up on the walls of your dorm room -- posters, photos of you and yours friends, etc.