Dec. 10: Archbishop Wood Headed Back to State Champs
Here's five things you should know today.
- The Archbishop Wood Vikings dominated Allentown Central Catholic Friday night, 36-6, and earned a fourth consecutive trip to the PIAA Class AAA state championship. They will take on Erie Cathedral Prep this Friday at Hersheypark Stadium.
- Warminster's Environmental Advisory Board meets tonight at 7 p.m. at the township administration building. The municipal authority also meets tonight at 7:30 p.m. at 415 Gibson Ave.
- Another rainy day today, with a high near 64, according to the National Weather Service.
- An elite U.S. special forces team rescued an American doctor who had been abducted in Afghanistan, but lost one of their own members in the mission, officials told CNN. Dr. Dilip Joseph was freed 11 hours after his captors released two other kidnapped staffers of his nonprofit agency, Morning Star Development, the organization said Sunday.
- On this day, December 10, 1884, Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is published for the first time.