Dec. 14: Wood Travels to Hershey for State Champs
Here's five things you should know today.
- The Archbishop Wood Vikings take on Erie Cathedral Prep in the PIAA Class AAA State Championship football game tonight at 7 p.m. at Herheypark Stadium. The game will be televised on PCN, check your local listings.
- The Warminster Library is hiring a part-time youth services assistant librarian. The candidate will help the youth services librarian prepare programs for children and young adults and participate in community outreach efforts. Click here for more information about the position.
- Sunny today, with a high near 51, according to the National Weather Service.
- American technology pioneer John McAfee said he faked a heart attack while detained in Guatemala to buy time for his attorney to file a series of appeals that ultimately prevented his deportation to Belize, hastening the government's decision to send him back to the United States, CNN reports.
- On this day, December 14, 1903, the Wright brothers make their first attempt to fly with the Wright Flyer at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.