Dec. 3: School Board Reorganizes Tonight
Here's five things you should know today.
- The Centennial School Board holds its annual re-organization meeting tonight at the district administration building. The board will vote for the 2013 board president, vice president and assistant secretary.
- Archbishop Wood's football team heads to the state semifinals for the fifth straight year after defeating Interboro, 35-7, in a quarterfinal showdown Friday night. The Vikings will take on Allentown Central Catholic for the third consecutive year.
- Foggy in the morning, then clouds giving way to some sunshine in the afternoon, with a high near 62, according to the National Weather Service.
- On Monday, Pope Benedict XVI will officially join millions of people around the globe by launching his own Twitter account, CNN reports. The formal announcement is set for a press conference Monday morning at the Vatican with Catholic and Twitter officials.
- On this day, December 3, 1989, in a meeting off the coast of Malta, U.S. President George H. W. Bush and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev release statements indicating that the cold war between NATO and The Soviet Union may be coming to an end.