Dec. 5: Centennial Operations Committee Tonight
Here's five things you should know today.
- The Centennial School District's Operations Committee meets tonight at 7 p.m. at the administration building. The agenda includes an update on the construction of the new McDonald Elementary building, with a change order for more than $30,000 to replace four heat pumps damaged by welders who did not properly protect the equipment.
- Tonight's scheduled meeting of the Warminster Planning Commission has ben canceled. The next meeting is set for Dec. 19 at 7 p.m.
- Slight chance of showers in the morning, then gradually becoming sunny with a high near 55, according to the National Weather Service.
- Besse Cooper, the world's oldest woman, died Tuesday, at age 116, reports CNN. She was only one of eight people recognized by the Guinness World Records to have lived that long.
- On this day, December 5, 1776, at The College of William and Mary, Phi Beta Kappa is founded and becomes the first American college fraternity.