Five Things for August 8
What's going on around town today.
- The Warminster Zoning Committee meets tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the township administration building.
- Phillyburbs.com reports that Greco Family Chiropractic of Warminster donated $760 to Bucks County Family Friends. The money was raised by offering complimentary routine spinal exams in exchange for $20 donations to the program, which matches volunteers age 55 and older with families who have children with disabilities and chronic illnesses.
- The highs will approach 90 today, with a slight chance of showers in the afternoon, according to the National Weather Service.
- A Texas man convicted in the shooting death of a 21-year-old man in 1992 was executed Tuesday in Huntsville, officials told CNN. Marvin Wilson's IQ had been measured at 61, according to the American Civil Liberties Union of Texas, which opposed the execution.
- On this day, August 8, 1974, President Richard Nixon, in a nationwide television address, announces his resignation from the office of the President of the United States effective noon the next day.