Five Things for December 16
What's going on around town today.
- The William Tennent Music Department will present their annual Winter Concert tonight at 7:30 p.m. in the newly refurbished high school auditorium. The William Tennent Orchestra, Concert Band, Madrigal Singers, Chorale and Chorus will present a large variety of music for your listening pleasure. Admission to this concert is free to the community.
- The Warminster and Hartsville fire departments will escort Santa Claus around town on Sunday between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Keep an ear out for those sirens!
- The National Weather Service says it will be mostly sunny today, with a high near 51. It's going to stay in the low 40s over the weekend, so stay warm.
- British-American author and essayist Christopher Hitchens died Thursday from complications of esophageal cancer, CNN reports. He was 62. Hitchens was known for his wry monthly columns for Vanity Fair magazine.
- On this day, December 16, 1773, members of the Sons of Liberty disguised as Mohawks dump crates of tea into Boston harbor as a protest against the Tea Act.