Five Things for February 6
What's going on around town today.
- Friends of Warminster Parks is hosting a Casino Night fundraiser at Ann's Choice on March 17 at 7 p.m. Tickets cost $30.
- Archbishop Wood's boys basketball team travels to La Salle College High School for a game at 7 p.m.
- Sunny with a high near 53, according to the National Weather Service.
- A leader of a high-profile campaign pushing for women to drive in Saudi Arabia says she's suing traffic police in order to get a driver's license, CNN reports. Manal al Sharif told CNN Sunday that she filed an objection with the General Directorate of Traffic in Riyadh, the country's capital, when officials rejected her license application. After waiting 90 days and receiving no response, she filed her suit against them in November.
- On this day, February 6, 1998, Washington National Airport is renamed Ronald Reagan National Airport.