Five Things for July 24
What's going on around town today.
- Registration is now open for the Warminster Department of Parks and Recreation's Fall Golf Outing. The event takes place Oct. 8 at 9 a.m. at Five Ponds Golf Course. The fee is $110 per golfer or $425 per foursome, and the money goes to summer camp scholarships.
- This week is the final round of the Patch Top Dog contest. Cast your vote in the comments section for whom you think is the best dog in the Greater Philadelphia region. We will annouce the winner on July 30.
- Mostly sunny today, with a high near 93, according to the National Weather Service.
- An industry report released today says that home prices hit a bottom and are finally bouncing back, CNN reports. Nationwide, home values rose 0.2 percent year-over-year to a median $149,300 during the second quarter, the first annual increase since 2007, real estate listing site Zillow reported. Prices were up 2.1 percent from the first quarter.
- On this day, July 24, 1866, Tennessee became the first U.S. state to be readmitted to the Union following the American Civil War.