Five Things for June 30
What's going on around town today.
- Five Ponds Golf Club will celebrate the grand opening of its new short game practice range on Friday at 10 a.m. This new facility occupies approximately two acres of land at the existing golf course in Warminster, and consists of three greens and approaches and three sand bunkers.
- The skies will be sunny with a high near 86 today, according to the National Weather Service.
- Members of the Warriors’ Watch Riders motorcycle group gathered at Hampton Square Shopping Center and rode in honor of former Upper Southampton police officer William "Mountain Bill" Paupst, who was killed Saturday in an accident in Bristol, Upper SouthamptonPatch reports.
- Justin Timberlake has joined Specific Media in buying MySpace from News Corp. in a deal that closed Wednesday, the Associated Press reports. The deal is for $35 million, mostly in Specific Media stock, a person familiar with the matter told the AP. That's a small fraction of the $580 million that News Corp. paid for the site six years ago.
- On this day, June 30, 1905, Albert Einstein introduces his theories on special relativity, including the equation E = mc2