Five Things for September 10
What's going on around town today.
- The Centennial Finance Committee meets today at 7 p.m. at the district administration building.
- The Bucks County Department of Health will be spraying for mosquitos on Tuesday 7 to 9 p.m. in Warminster Heights.
- Sunny today, with a high near 75, according to the National Weather Service.
- A police motorcyclist in President Barack Obama's motorcade died Sunday in Florida following a serious highway accident, police and the top White House spokesman told CNN. The officer from the Jupiter, Florida, police department was transported around 4:40 p.m. to St. Mary's Medical Center in nearby West Palm Beach after being critically injured in a crash.
- On this day, September 10, 1946, While riding a train to Darjeeling, Sister Teresa Bojaxhiu of the Loreto Sisters' Convent claimed to have heard the call of God, directing her "to leave the convent and help the poor while living among them". She would become known as Mother Teresa.