How Much Do You Know About the Olympics?
For the past few days we've been asking you Olympic-related trivia to see how well you know the Games. Get the answers and see how much you know.
From Michael Phelps winning eight gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics to Nadia Comăneci receiving the first perfect 10 in 1976, there have been several unforgettable moments in Olympic history.
Patch celebrated the start of the games by posting Olympic trivia questions last week. The answers are posted below.
Round 1 Answers:
1. Which team leads all other teams in the Opening Ceremony procession?
- the Greek team
2. The Games were not held in which of the following years?
3. How did the Olympic flame arrive in England for the 2012 Games?
4. What contest of team strength was an official Olympic event from 1900 to 1920?
- Tug of War
5. Which of these is no longer an Olympic event?
- Golf (It was an Olympic event in 1900 and 1904).
Round 2 Answers:
1. Which country has won at least one gold medal in every Summer Games?
- Great Britain
2. What colour of medal was presented to the winners in the first modern Olympics in 1896?
3. Who won a gold medal for the 100 meter in 1924 and was featured in the film Chariots of Fire?
- Harold Abrahams
4. Which of these colors is not on the Olympics flag?
5. Which famous literary and film character has been played by no less than four Olympians on screen?
- Tarzan (Johnny Weismuller, who won two swimming gold medals, in 1924 and in 1928; Buster Crabbe, who won a swimming bronze in 1928; Hermann Brix, who won silver in the shot put in 1928; Glen Morris, who took gold in the decathlon in 1936.)
How many did you get right? Tell us in the comments.