July 26: Stay Cool Today
What's going on around town today.
- There are only a couple days left in our Top Dog contest. Be sure to cast your vote by Friday. The winner will be announced on Monday, July 30.
- While you're at it, make your selections in 25 different categories of our Readers' Choice poll. What's your favorite mechanic, pizza place or hair salon? Tell us now.
- Mostly sunny, with a high near 95 and heat index forecasted at 100, according to the National Weather Service.
- uthorities on Monday discovered a package in a mailroom at the University of Colorado - Anschutz Medical Campus apparently sent by the alleged gunman responsible for the theater shooting that left 12 people dead and scores injured, a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told CNN.
- On this day, July 26, 1947, U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs the National Security Act of 1947 into United States law creating the Central Intelligence Agency, United States Department of Defense, United States Air Force, Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the United States National Security Council.