Nov. 12: Veterans Day Observed Today
Here are five things you should know today.
- All township offices are closed today in observance of Veterans Day. County offices, the post office, the courts and most banks will also be closed today.
- Little Leo's Cafe is honoring Veterans Day by offering a 10 percent discount for those who served our country.
- Foggy in the morning, then a cloudy afternoon with a high near 63, according to the National Weather Service.
- President Barack Obama will narrowly win the presidential vote in Florida, CNN projected, based on updated vote totals provided by the counties to the state by Saturday’s noon deadline. Obama won the state with 50.01 percent of the vote compared with 49.13 percent for GOP nominee Mitt Romney, according to those numbers. The incumbent's margin of victory was just shy of 74,000 votes.
- On this day, November 12, 1602, Sebastian Viscaino lands at and names San Diego, California.