Nov. 16: No Tax Increase Projected in 2013 Budget
Here's five things you should know today.
- Township manager Rich Manfredi told the Warminster Board of Supervisors Thursday night that the preliminary budget for 2013 will not contain any requests for a property tax increase. A full presentation and discussion of the budget will be held at the administration building on Tuesday, Nov. 20 at 7 p.m.
- The Archbishop Wood girls varsity soccer team travels to Hershey Park Stadium this weekend to compete for the PIAA class AA state championship against Moon Area High School. The game takes place Saturday at 11 a.m. and will be broadcast on PCN at 8:30 p.m.
- Mostly sunny today, with a high near 54, according to the National Weather Service.
- Attorney General Eric Holder announced BP will plead guilty to manslaughter charges stemming from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, and agreed to pay $4.5 billion in government penalties, CNN reports.
- On this day, November 16, 1907, Indian Territory and Oklahoma Territory join to form Oklahoma, that is admitted as the 46th U.S. state.