Oct. 11: Centennial Staff Take on Harlem Wizards
Five things you should know today.
- Members of the Centennial School District are participating in a charity basketball game against the Harlem Wizards to night at 7 p.m. at William Tennent High School. Tickets are available for sale at the door ($10 for students; $12 for adults), with money benefiting the eighth grade class at Klinger Middle School.
- Willow Dale Elementary School is holding its first “Character Counts” fundraiser today. Pizzeria Uno in Warrington will be donating 20 percent of its entire sales for the day to the Character Counts program when you use the attached coupon.The restaurant will accept one coupon per family.
- Clear day today, with a high of 62, according to the National Weather Service.
- Cyclist Lance Armstrong was part of "the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen," the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency told CNN Wednesday in releasing more than 1,000 pages of evidence in the case.
- On this day, October 11, 1975, Saturday Night Live debuted with George Carlin as the host and Andy Kaufman, Janis Ian and Billy Preston as guests.