Oct. 18: Wawa Discussion on Township Agenda Tonight
Here are five things you should know for today.
- The Warminster Board of Supervisors will meet tonight at 7 p.m. at the township administration building. The agenda includes further discussion on the proposed renovation and expansion of the Wawa at Davisville and County Line roads. If approved, the plan is to tear down a closed auto garage adjacent to the property and construct fuel pumps.
- Archbishop Wood's girls volleyball team travels to St. Hubert's for a 7 p.m. match tonight.
- Mostly sunny today, with a high near 69, according to the National Weather Service.
- A government report issued Wednesday says that the housing recovery blossomed in September, as the pace of home building surged to a four-year high, CNN reports. Builders started work at an annual pace of 872,000 homes last month, up 15 percent from the pace in August. They also filed for permits to build homes at an annual rate of 894,000, up 11.6 percent from the previous month.
- On this day, Oct. 18, 1945, Argentine military officer and politician Juan Perón marries actress Eva Perón.