Oct. 26: Warminster Quilter Earns National Award
Here are five things you should know for today.
- Congratulations to Warminster resident Joyce Hughes earned the grand prize in McCall's Quilt Design Star national competition. As a finalist, Hughes had to create original quilts in three separate rounds following certain criteria. Her designs were selected from a field of 15 other finalists from around the country.
- Don't forget that the Rocky Horror Picture Show hits the stage at The Fuge tonight and tomorrow, at 8 p.m. and midnight. Tickets at the door cost $30.
- A chance of some drizzle and rain this morning, then partly sunny with a high near 72, according to the National Weather Service. We'll keep you update on the status of Hurricane Sandy as the day and weekend go on.
- American Airlines says it intends to hire 2,500 pilots over the next five years, CNN reports. In a letter to employees Wednesday, CEO Tom Horton said American Airlines will hire new pilots to staff new international and domestic routes.
- On this day, October 26, 1881, The Gunfight at the O.K. Corral takes place at Tombstone, Arizona.