Oct. 9: Fire Prevention Night at Warminster Fire Department
Five things you should know today.
- The Warminster Fire Department is hosting its annual Fire Prevention Night at the Station 90 house on Madison Avenue. There will be live demos, equipment on display and educational areas for children and adults. There will also be a table selling t-shirts in honor of fallen officer Bradley Fox, with proceeds going to benefit his family.
- The Centennial School Board meets tonight at 7 p.m. at the district administration building.
- Mostly cloudy today, with a high of 59 and a chance of a morning shower, according to the National Weather Service.
- Skydiver Felix Baumgartner is aiming to pull off a record-breaking free-fall jump from the edge of space today, wearing nothing but a space suit, a helmet and a parachute, CNN reports.
- On this day, October 9, 1888, the Washington Monument officially opened to the general public.