RECALL: High-Powered Magnet Toys for Ingestion Hazard
High-Powered Magnet Toys sold by DynoCube are being recalled.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission recall, "When two or more magnets are swallowed, they can link together inside a child's intestines and clamp onto body tissues, causing intestinal obstructions, perforations, sepsis and death. Internal injury from magnets can pose serious lifelong health effects."
While there have been no reported incidents in connection with the DynoCube magnets, there have been 80 reports of incidents involving ingestion with other high powered magnets, including 79 that required seeking medical intervention.
The product was sold between July 2011 and August 2012 on Amazon.com for about $20.
Consumers can contact importer Reiss Innovations at 866-212-8314 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or online at www.DynoCube.com.