Sept. 6: Car Chase Ends at Log College
Here are five things to know today.
- A woman ended a car chase yesterday when she drove onto the Log College Middle School football field and into the side of the school, phillyburbs.com reports. The area of the building was unoccupied and no students or faculty members were injured. The woman was being chased by a man after she struck his car on York Road, police told the newspaper.
- The Board of Supervisors meeting regularly scheduled for the first Thursday of the month has been canceled. The board will meet on Sept. 20. at 7 p.m. at the administration building.
- Partly sunny today, with a high near 88, according to the National Weather Service.
- Federal data shows more than 50 million Americans couldn't afford to buy food at some point in 2011, CNN reports. Children in some 3.9 million households suffered from food insecurity last year, with their families unable to provide them with adequate, nutritious food at times.
- On this day, September 6, 1995, Cal Ripken Jr of the Baltimore Orioles plays in his 2,131st consecutive game, breaking a record that stood for 56 years.