Sept. 7: Warminster Pioneers Powder Puff Game Tonight
Here are five things you should know today.
- Warminster Pioneers Football and Cheerleading Association is holding its first Powder Puff Game tonight at 6 p.m. at Werner Park. The Pioneers football players have invited all of the 90s and 105s Cheerleaders to participate. This is a fundraiser that will benefit Gilda's Club.
- The Warminster Rotary Club, in cooperation with Archbishop Wood and Philabundance, will be running a food drive before Wood's football game versus North Penn at William Tennent, Saturday night at 7 p.m. Bring your non-perishable food donations to the front gate.
- Mostly sunny today with a high near 87, according to the National Weather Service.
- An Illinois jury on Thursday found former Chicago-area police sergeant Drew Peterson guilty of murder in the 2004 death of his ex-wife, CNN reports. The jury of seven men and five women deliberated for nearly 14 hours total before delivering its verdict convicting Peterson in the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
- On this day, September 8, 1966, Star Trek makes its debut on NBC.