Fire officials say a candle started a house fire in the Speedway section of Warminster Thursday morning.
Firefighters arrived to smoke coming from the second floor of a residence on the 300 block of Kalmia Street around 7:30 a.m.
Warminster Fire Department 90 Deputy Chief Pete Croak said there was a moderate amount of smoke in the house and a small fire in a rear bedroom.
“The home owner was kind of a hoarder and it gave us a little bit of a difficulty putting out the fire,” said Croak.
Three people were in the house at the time of the fire, all managed to get out safely; however, one woman did suffer from burns.
According to Croak, Second Alarmers Rescue Squad transported a woman with second-degree burns to Abington Memorial Hospital. Her condition is unknown at this time.
Croak said following the fire, while clearing debris from the second floor, firefighters came across two World War II ordnance shells.
“A bomb unit from Philadelphia came in, but they couldn’t determine if they were live or not,” he said.
Croak said the shells were placed in a special box and then transported to a facility on State Road where he presumes they will be detonated.
Croak said the fire was under control approximately 20 minutes after firefighters arrived. Emergency service workers were clearing out of the scene just before 10 a.m. Thursday.
Hartsville Fire Company as well as fire companies from Hatboro, Horsham and Northampton assisted the Warminster Fire Department in knocking down the fire.