- Two Digital Production students at William Tennent High School have been accepted into the 2013 KYW Newstudies Program. Giana Asterito, a senior, and Tom Del Conte, a junior, will participate in the four-week program. During the program, professional news anchors, reporters, editors, and managers at KYW Newsradio, CBS3 and CW57 will share with students what it takes to make it in the media.
- Warminster residents can help Hurricane Sandy victims and relief efforts while getting a $10 haircut during the Cut-A-Thon at Hair Cuttery in the Center Point Place shopping center on Sunday, Oct. 27 from 6 to 8 p.m. During the two-hour Cut-A-Thon, all haircut proceeds will go directly to the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund to help support the recovery efforts of communities impacted by the storm.
- Since Wednesday's article posted about Raechel Ruch and her family's difficulty covering expenses after she went to Seattle for cancer treatments, they have already received several sponsorship offers to help them.
- The Shops at Valley Square in Warrington are hosting a Halloween Trick or Treat event Saturday between 1 and 4 p.m. Wee ghosts and goblins, witches and warlocks and other Halloween characters ages 12 and younger are invited to trick or treat for special Halloween goodies. Stop by Center Court to pick up a Halloween Trick or Treat bag, a trick or Treat map and some treats before you visit the participating stores.
- Mostly sunny today, with highs near 53, according to the National Weather Service.