.

Warminster Navy SEAL Injured in Local Explosion

Pasquale Troisi was celebrating his return from a recent tour in Afghanistan when he was injured in an explosion at a welcome home party, according to reports.

Sources say one of the two people injured in a gas explosion at an Upper Moreland Township home was a Navy SEAL who had just returned home to Warminster following a tour of duty in Afghanistan.  

6ABC.com reports that 31-year-old Pasquale Troisi, of Warminster, was critically injured when a chiminea fireplace exploded in the back yard of a Hatboro home Friday evening. They report Troisi was at the home celebrating his return to the area at a party in his honor at the time of the incident.

He was medivaced to Temple University Hospital. Triosi's family members told 6ABC he would be in a medically induced coma for three weeks and in the hospital for at least three months. 

Troisi, petty officer second class, had just returned to his mother's Warminster home Thursday along his fiancée and their two young sons, according to PhillyBurbs.com. 

Triosi graduated from Archbishop Wood High School in 2001. He then joined the Navy and has since completed three tours of duty.

denise barker February 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM
I'm so sorry as well. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
Heather Sliwinski February 25, 2013 at 04:22 PM
This Hero has not left my thoughts and prayers since I've heard about this. I am a case worker for our wounded Heroes and if anybody knows this Heroes family and if they need ANYTHING at all - please let me know heather.sliwinski@operationward57.org Pasquale is a Hero and he is strong - please keep praying!
joe smith February 26, 2013 at 01:52 PM
The people that live in this home as distructive and not responsible by any means. This is a house over several bunk beds filled with troubled kids that just continue to work dead end jobs (such as bartending) with multiple criminal records and dui. This poor hero was at the wrong place at the wrong time witih distructive company.
European American. February 26, 2013 at 09:09 PM
I hope the troisi's are ok. Angelique, if you're reading this, it's Jared. Hope all is well. Thank you Pasquale for fighting for our freedoms.
Helen Smith March 19, 2013 at 01:40 PM
It is difficult to fathom that this young man died in such a senseless way. It is equally hard to understand that someone would do something as foolish as to add gasoline to anything meant to ignite. The flammability of gas and its vapors are explosively combustible and only a complete idiot would have thought of such a thing! Thank God others were not killed! My deepest condolences to this heartbroken family...I am so so sorry.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »