- There's only a few days left to enter Patch's Deck the House contest. Take a picture of you Christmas decorations, upload it here and you could win $100,000 for the Centennial school district.
- The 2013 discount ski tickets have arrived at the Parks and Recreation office. Buy tickets before you go, avoid waiting in line and save money. Tickets are available to Jack Frost/Big Boulder, Camelback, Spring, Elk, Blue Mountain and more. Unused tickets are not refundable. Tickets may be purchased with cash or charge (no checks), Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. only. Call (215) 443-5428 for info.
- Sunny today, with a high near 46, according to the National Weather Service.
- The federal CALM Act goes into effect starting today. This means that from now on, the volume on commercials have to match the loudness of the television program. If you see a station that seems to be violating this new regulation, file a complaint with the FCC.
- On this day, December 13, 2003, former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is captured near his home town of Tikrit.