- The Warminster Board of Supervisors meets tonight for its last meeting of 2012. The agenda includes the final adoption of the proposed 2013 budget and continued discussion of the traffic signal system on Street Road.
- The Centennial School District has postponed a town hall meeting scheduled tonight for parents to speak with the candidates for William Tennent's new principal. The meeting will be take place at an undetermined date in the new year.
- Cloudy today, with a high near 47, according to the National Weather Service.
- Three State Department officials, including two who oversaw security decisions at the diplomatic outpost in Benghazi, Libya, resigned in the wake of a review of security failures there, senior State Department officials told CNN Wednesday.
- On this day, December 20, 1803, the Louisiana Purchase is completed at a ceremony in New Orleans.