- Centennial School District is conducting a used handheld electronics drive in April to raise money for Autism Awareness and celebrate Earth Week. Handheld electronics include cell phones, MP3 players, handheld games, e-readers, digital still and video cameras, laptops, GPS, portable hard drives, etc., can be deposited in collection boxes in all Centennial schools and the until April 27.
- The Warminster Parks, Recreation & Conservation Board meets tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the .
- Sunny today, with a high of 70, according to the National Weather Service.
- The Big Three U.S. automakers all reported strong March sales, as buyers flocked to dealerships in numbers not seen in years to buy everything from fuel-efficient small cars to large pickups, CNN reports. Industrywide U.S. sales rose 12.7 percent, according to sales tracker Autodata, capping the best quarter for auto sales in the United States since the first quarter of 2008, before the combination of a gas price spike and the meltdown in financial markets later that year devastated sales and nearly led to the end of the U.S. auto industry.
- On this day, April 4, 1973, the World Trade Center in New York is officially dedicated.