- The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists using Interstate 276 between Willow Grove and Delaware Valley to be prepared for overnight lane closures with reduced speeds of 40 miles per hour starting later this month. Overnight repaving work will be performed weeknights during off- peak hours until the project is completed in spring 2013.
- The Friends of Warminster Parks Casino night, scheduled for March 17 at Ann's Choice has been postponed until June 8. All tickets and sponsorships will be honored.
- Partly sunny today, with a high near 42, according to the National Weather Service.
- A flower company is the seventh advertiser to pull its ads from conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh's radio program in reaction to his derogatory comments about a law student who testified about birth control policy, the Associated Press reports. ProFlowers said Sunday on its Facebook page that it has suspended advertising on Limbaugh's program because his comments about Georgetown University student Sandra Fluke "went beyond political discourse to a personal attack and do not reflect our values as a company."
- On this day, March 5, 1933, President Franklin D. Roosevelt declares a "bank holiday", closing all U.S. banks and freezing all financial transactions.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something