- The Warminster Zoning Board meets tonight at 7 p.m. at the township administration building.
- Archbishop Wood's field hockey team takes on Archbishop Ryan in a home game at 3:45 p.m.
- Cold and rainy in the morning, with the weather giving way to a cloudy afternoon and a high near 70, according to the National Weather Service.
- A skydiver's historic free-fall from the stratosphere was called off Tuesday due to wind gusts that ruined the helium balloon set to hoist him to high altitude for the record-breaking attempt, CNN reports. Felix Baumgartner is aiming to jump from a higher altitude than anyone ever has -- 120,000 feet (about 23 miles), more than three times the cruising altitude of the average airliner -- with nothing but a space suit, helmet and parachute.
- On this day, October 10, 1913, President Woodrow Wilson triggers the explosion of the Gamboa Dike thus ending construction on the Panama Canal.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something