- For the second consecutive year, the students at Nativity of Our Lord School have contributed to a cause that raises awareness and funds research for prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men. Initiated in 2011 by music teacher, Dan Myers, who has a personal family connection to this cause, students held a dress down day and contributed their donations in exchange for wearing their best moustache in the annual Movember Moustache Day event. Moustaches of all shapes, sizes and material arrived at school that day competing for best moustache in their grade. Faculty selected best moustache in each grade and winners received a small prize provided by Mr. Myers. The Movember Foundation received the students’ donation of $525.50.
- The Hatboro Holiday Art Show, which features eight artists and more than 40 pieces of original artwork in various formats, gets underway Friday evening with a wine and cheese reception, Hatboro-Horsham Patch reports.
- Sunny again today, with a high near 48, according to the National Weather Service.
- Former President George H.W. Bush remains in a Houston hospital after being treated for bronchitis, his spokesman told CNN. His office said he was in stable condition. Bush, 88, has been hospitalized at Houston's Methodist Hospital for six days and has a "lingering cough," spokesman Jim McGrath told CNN.
- On this day, November 30, 1982, Michael Jackson's Thriller, the best-selling album of all time, is released.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something