- The Centennial Education Committee will meet tonight at 7 p.m. at the district administration building to discuss the high school improvement plan in light of the recently announced results from the PSSA exams.
- The William Tennent girls soccer team travels to Pennsbury High School East for a 3:30 p.m., while the boys soccer team hosts Pennsbury HS East at 7 p.m.
- Mostly cloudy today, with a high near 7 and chance for showers and a thunderstorm, according to the National Weather Service.
- A woman who continued receiving public assistance after winning hundreds of thousands of dollars in a Michigan lottery game was found dead in a Detroit suburb this weekend, CNN reports. Amanda Clayton, 25, was sleeping with her 18-month-old daughter at a home in Ecorse when, according to police, she died of a possible drug overdose.
- On this day, October 2, 1950, Peanuts comic strip by Charles M. Schulz is first published.