- Actor Eddie Mekka, best known as the Big Ragu from Laverne & Shirley, is making a special appearance at Menchie's Frozen Yogurt today at 4 p.m. Mekka will be promoting his role as the narrator/ in this weekend's production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Fuge.
- Students from five high schools will come to William Tennent today for a Reality Fair, an event organized by the Pennsylvania Credit Union Foundation. Throughout the day, the students will gain real-life experience for managing their money and learn financial responsibility.
- Mostly coudy, with a high near 72 and chance of showers, according to the National Weather Service.
- Earthquake experts worldwide expressed shock at the manslaughter convictions of six Italian scientists who failed to predict the deadly L'Aquila quake, warning that the decision could severely harm future research, CNN reports. Two scientists resigned their posts with the government's disaster preparedness agency Tuesday after a court in L'Aquila sentenced six scientists and a government official to six years in prison.
- On this day, October 24, 1947, Walt Disney testified before the House Un-American Activities Committee, naming Disney employees he believed to be communists.