- Congratulations to Warminster resident Joyce Hughes earned the grand prize in McCall's Quilt Design Star national competition. As a finalist, Hughes had to create original quilts in three separate rounds following certain criteria. Her designs were selected from a field of 15 other finalists from around the country.
- Don't forget that the Rocky Horror Picture Show hits the stage at The Fuge tonight and tomorrow, at 8 p.m. and midnight. Tickets at the door cost $30.
- A chance of some drizzle and rain this morning, then partly sunny with a high near 72, according to the National Weather Service. We'll keep you update on the status of Hurricane Sandy as the day and weekend go on.
- American Airlines says it intends to hire 2,500 pilots over the next five years, CNN reports. In a letter to employees Wednesday, CEO Tom Horton said American Airlines will hire new pilots to staff new international and domestic routes.
- On this day, October 26, 1881, The Gunfight at the O.K. Corral takes place at Tombstone, Arizona.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something