- Spaces are available for vendors at the , scheduled for Sept. 22. Spaces cost $10 each, or $18 for two. Contact Wanda Kester at (215) 672-4362.
- The Centennial Operations Committee meets tonight at 7 p.m. at the district administration building. The agenda includes updates on the Davis and McDonald school construction projects.
- More rain possible today, with a thunderstorm in the afternoon and highs approaching 84 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
- The fate of Drew Peterson, a former Chicago-area police sergeant accused of killing his ex-wife, now rests in the hands of the jury as deliberations are set to begin in the headline-grabbing case Wednesday, CNN reports. Peterson, 58, is charged with murder in the death of Kathleen Savio, his third wife, who was found dead in her dry, clean bathtub March 1, 2004.
- On this day, September 5, 1960, boxer Muhammad Ali (then Cassius Clay) is awarded the gold medal for his first place in the light heavyweight boxing competition at the Olympic Games in Rome.