- The Hartsville Fire Company will hold a 9-11 Flag Memorial all day, capped by a memorial service tonight at 7 p.m. The Flag Memorial will consist of a display of 403 American flags on the front lawn of the Fire Station. The flags represent the 343 New York City firefighters, 37 New York Port Authority officers and the 23 New York Police Dept. officers who died while saving others on 9-11-2001. Two additional flags will represent Volunteer Firefighters John Kulick and Tristan Smith who were killed in action in Iraq. The memorial service will include a reading of the names of the fallen firefighters and police officers. The public is invited and attendees may participate in reading the names and retrieving the flags.
- The Centennial School Board meets tonight at 7 p.m. at the district administration office.
- Sunny again today, with a high near 77, according to the National Weather Service.
- The mayor of New Jersey's capital city was arrested Monday on corruption charges after being accused of accepting bribes during an undercover operation, authorities told CNN. The charges against Trenton Mayor Tony Mack, 46, his brother, Ralphiel Mack, 39, and business associate Joseph A. "JoJo" Giorgianni, 63, stem from an alleged kickback scheme to sell city-owned land to investors for significantly less than the assessed value.
- On this day, September 11, 1941, ground is broken for the construction of The Pentagon.