Kindergarten registration for the 2012-2013 school year will be held at elementary school buildings within the on Wednesday, March 7 at 7 p.m.
Parents/guardians of students who reside in the Davis and Stackpole Elementary zone should report to Stackpole Elementary to register their students.
Parents/guardians of students who reside in the Longstreth zone should report to McDonald Elementary to register their students.
In order to register your child, the following requirements must be met:
1. Your child must be five years of age on or before August 31, 2012.
2. You must provide proof of your child’s birth date. Evidence that is acceptable: birth certificate or baptismal certificate or hospital record of birth. Please bring the original along with a copy for the building to keep on file.
3. A copy of your child’s immunization is required at the time of registration; this record must include full date – day, month and year. The Commonwealth of PA has established the requirements for each child entering school to have the following vaccines:
- Four doses of tetanus, (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- Four doses of diphtheria* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- Three or more properly spaced doses of polio vaccine
- Three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
- Two doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) given after twelve months of age. Measles would be accepted as the second dose, but an MMR is preferred
- Two doses of Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine or written documentation of the disease
4. You must provide four (4) proofs of residency. A mandatory proof is: a lease, agreement of sale or mortgage statement; three additional proofs are to include an electric bill, a telephone bill, a tax bill, a cable bill, voter registration card, driver’s license or a pay stub from an employer.
5. A physical examination, tine test and dental examination are required for every child upon original entry to school. These may be completed by your family doctor and dentist after January 1, 2012 but prior to the start of school in September. The forms must be submitted prior to the start of school in September.
A complete and current Emergency Card and a Health History Form must be submitted prior to the start of school in September.
If you have any questions with regard to the above, please call your building principal.
- – Mrs. Keely Mahan , Principal or Mr. Miles Roe, Assistant Principal 215-441-6157
- - Mrs. Kelley O’Leary, Principal or Mr. Albert Heinle, Assistant Principal 215-441-6087
- - Mrs. Kelley O’Leary, Principal or Mr. Albert Heinle, Assistant Principal 215-364-5980
- - Mrs. Paula Voshell, Principal or Mr. Michael Donnelly, Assistant Principal 215-441-6093
The principal and other school staff will be available at the March 7 registration to answer questions you may have regarding the kindergarten program. Since registration programs are designed for adults, it is suggested that children not accompany parents.