It's summer and the weather has been hot, hot, hot. The perfect time for having barbeques and picnics with family outside.
So while the kids are running through the sprinkler or sliding down a Slip-and-Slide, the adults in your party can chill off with this slightly sweet and refreshing sangria.
Even if you’re not having a party, this sangria is fantastic to sip by the pool or just enjoy on a steamy hot afternoon.
If you’d like, you can splash some lemon lime soda or soda water on top of each glass or add 6 oz. of either to your pitcher just before serving.
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 peaches, diced
- 3 lemons, sliced into wheels
- 4 limes, sliced into wheels
- 6 oz. light rum
- 1 bottle white wine (I used a Pinot Grigio-Chardonnay)
- 3 oz. Peach schnapps
- 3 oz. Sour apple liqueur
- 6 oz. Lime juice
- 4 oz. Lemon juice
- Make 1 cup simple syrup (1 cup sugar and 1 cup water, heated until the sugar dissolves, then cooled)
- In a 2 or 3 qt. pitcher, combine all fruit and then all the liquids.
- Give a stir and refrigerate until cold (or serve over ice).